Popular Posts

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Egret and the Cattle

The Egret and the Cattle
by Mark Kaven  Lazaro


I am an egret and I fly freely high
Anywhere I could go by my spreading wings
Anything I could see here in the sky
I can reach many trees, oh yes many things

I am a cattle with a rope on my neck
I just stay on the green fields to consume grass
I carry heavy loads, yes I carry this burden
Yet my master slaps me if do not go

I am an egret and you are a cattle
You are not like me, Oh you are not like me
No one owns me, that is why I'm really free
That is your problem because you have your lord

I am a hunter and I will go shoot you
Here is my gun trying to point where you are
Fly! fly! and save your life Oh poor white bird
Bang! Bang! there you are falling very quickly

I am a cattle and you are an egret
Thanks to my master for I have him
I'm tied but I'm safe wherever he will go
That is your problem because you don't have lord


No comments:

Post a Comment